Company Ramps up Hiring Initiatives and Sets Sights on Ambitious Goals for 2011
PLANO, TEXAS (January 24, 2011) – KingsIsle Entertainment’s online game Wizard101 achieved record performance in 2010 across multiple key indicators, including:
- Unique visitors to Wizard101.com (a key indicator of an online game’s operational health) increased steadily throughout 2010. Of particular note, in December unique visitors to the site increased more than 300% year-over-year. This increase is verified by external monitoring sites such as compete.com http://siteanalytics.compete.com/wizard101.com/
- Online analytics firm comScore ranked Wizard101.com #5 on the list of top gaining large websites (by unique visitors) for the month of August: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/comscore-media-metrix-ranks-top-50-us-web-properties-for-august-2010-103652054.html
- Wizard101’s total number of registered players increased to over 15 million from U.S. operations alone. This total does not include European edition registrations
- Wizard101 experienced unprecedented recognition by the Industry in 2010, receiving multiple awards including Best MMO of 2010 from Beckett Media’s Massive Online Gamer Magazine and Best Family MMO of the Decade from Massively.com. The comprehensive list of all awards received in 2010 can be found at www.wizard101.com/game/accolades
- In the first months of 2011, KingsIsle Entertainment plans to ramp up hiring across the company, eventually increasing staffing levels by approximately 25 percent. Information about KingsIsle careers can be found at www.kingsisle.com/jobs
- KingsIsle will continue to add new content and systems to Wizard101 with multiple enhancements anticipated throughout the year.