KingsIsle Entertainment Spins a Spooky Hallowe’en in Wizard101It's getting spooky!
PLANO, TEXAS—October 15, 2008 - Online entertainment company KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc. has waved a magic wand over the family-friendly virtual world Wizard101 (www.wizard101.com) and conjured new limited time content, including three Haunted Towers and eleven frightfully fantastic adventures.
For those brave enough to seek out a wily scarecrow named Jack Hollow in Wizard101’s Wizard City Commons, several spooky challenges await, including:
- Test your courage against the ghostly inhabitants of three brand new towers
- Rescue Wizard City from a ghastly spell by defeating the Baron Mordecai
- Search out Jack O’lanterns throughout Wizard City
- Catch colorful ghosts haunting the wizard school campus
- Dunk for apples to collect prizes
- Visit Spooky Bob in the Wizard City Shopping District for limited edition items such as costumes, wands, hats and accessories, including a special pet!
Several of the seasonal Hallowe’en quests can be found in the Free-to-Play areas of Wizard101 and a few additional ones require a monthly subscription to the game. Spooky Bob and the Haunted Towers will mysteriously vanish shortly after October 31st.
Wizard101 features spell-casting adventure and card style game play. The game’s familyfriendly safety features include a collaborative play style, a chat system with many options and a character name selector. The game contains no blood, and characters don’t die if they are defeated in a duel of spells—they simply go to a safe area in the game to regain health.
The Entertainment Software Ratings Board has given Wizard101 a rating of E10+. Anybody with a Windows based PC can play the Free-to-Play areas of the game for as long as they like. Advanced content is available by subscription at the rate of $6.95 per month on the family plan and $9.95 per month for a general subscription.